The benefits of this blend include:
This tea will restore harmony by warming and energizing the body without the side effects of caffeine.
Lemon: are a great vitamin C food source. Lemon helps to strengthen your immune system, cleanse your stomach, and it is considered a blood purifier. Lemon juice also offers up a healthy serving of potassium, magnesium and copper.
Blackberries: help and enhance memory. These berries help with weight management, keeping the bones strong and vision.
Nectarines: are low in calories, and contain no saturated fats. They are indeed packed with numerous health promoting anti-oxidants, plant nutrients, minerals.
Peppermint: contains vitamin A and C, iron, potassium, and fiber, and it’s a low calorie additive. Peppermint is also a powerful anti-oxidant and may help with digestive problems.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 x tin of 100 Mysteries
2 x lemons
1 x bowl of blackberries
1 x nectarine
2 x stalks of mint
As much honey as you want!
WHAT TO DO:
Get ready to have fun! Put on a podcast (I recommend: The Minimalists, Why Do We Have Things?, or Serial)
Put on an apron (You never know! Blackberries stain!)
Get a cutting board and a sharp knife and wash the fruit.
- Make up some tea bags. I used five in a 32oz pitcher (this totally depends on how strong you want your brew to be) With five bags you get a full bodied tea.
- Strip your peppermint stalks and massage the leaves so that the plant releases its flavour. Set aside for now.
- Slice up your lemon. I did one and a half.
- Slice up your nectarine. You want to pick a firm one so that it’s easy to cut. Tip: don’t try to make it too perfect at the expense of you fingers!
- Layer the peppermint leaves, blackberries, tea bags, lemon, nectarine into your pitcher.
- Pour over the hot water.
- Cover and let sit for two hours.
- Move to the fridge overnight.
- Serve on ice add honey to sweeten.
If you give this recipe a try, or have recipes of your own you’d like to share, please do, in the comments below! Cheers to summer!