Hi, my name is Ella Isakov. I am a yoga teacher, a Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapist, and a movement exploration lover. In my 12 years teaching, besides leading group classes, I have also had a successful private practice. I had the honour of working with clients managing side effects from Chemo, dealing with daily chronic pain, Lyme disease, specific injuries, stress and anxiety, and helping a senior community maintain greater ease of movement and wellbeing in everyday life.
I am beyond thrilled to offer this 10 session series that infuses three elements; breathing techniques, myofascial release and functional movement.
We have all heard the words myofascial release and functional movement, but do we really know what they mean?
Fascia is a dense webbing that covers every muscle, bone, nerve, artery and vein, as well as all of our internal organs. It is primarily made of collagen and literally connects every system of your body.
In this 10 class series, you will participate in myofascial release using different sized balls.
Here are the benefits you will gain from the myofascial release using the Yoga Tune-up and stability balls:
* enhanced blood flow that will allow nutrients and hydration to get into the tissues, increasing the chance of alleviating circulatory conditions
* reduced pain caused by emotional and physical stresses to the body
* relieved nerve pain in arms or legs
* enhanced lymphatic flow in the whole body which increases recovery time from illness and injury
* improved circulation and removal of metabolic waste from muscles which will decrease muscle soreness post training
* increased performance ability with more power and range of motion capacity
* decreased headaches from getting to the trigger points in the neck and upper back
* Increased level of relaxation as the nervous system is down- regulated
Functional movement will also be integrated into the sessions to enhance passive and active range of motion around your joints. From Functional Range Conditioning Systems, controlled articular rotation and adding load to increase active range of motion around joints will be provided. With these techniques you will be able to assess your movement capacity around each joint. Through the functional movement practices provided, you will experience more fluid movement, with greater range of motion, around your neck, hips, knees and ankles.
I am incredibly proud of this series. May it serve you to better understand your body, and provide enhanced well-being for your heart and mind.
Ella Isakov, 889 Teacher